“What an incredible experience this was, and … how well organized you and your team were” – Jacob C Reinfeld, USA.
The registration fee covers pretty much everything you need from airport pickup until your flight out.
The cost of the Mustang Trail Race is 3,130 Euro per person which includes the US$500 restricted area restricted area permit fee plus government arrangement fees for Mustang plus four internal flights totalling ~US$ 500. Please enquire for costs. The registration fee includes:
- US$ 500 per person permit fee (plus ~$50 ‘charges’) for the Upper Mustang Restricted Area plus $20 Annapurna Conservation Area permit.
- Four internal flights from Kathmandu to Pokhara, then the amazing Pokhara to Jomsom mountain flight outward and return costing together around $500.
- All the transfers and road transport according to itinerary.
- All accommodation expenses from Jomsom to Jomsom on full board basis (breakfast, packed (or occasionally cooked) lunch, dinner and shared room or tent.
- Race staff salaries, their insurance and their accommodation.
- Sponsorship of up to 6 Nepali athletes to compete in the race as a fantastic learning experience.
- Portage of equipment (which may include either porters, mules, horses or tractor, or all).
- Arrival group dinner in a restaurant in Kathmandu, and group dinner in Pokhara on 2nd night.
- Closing dinner in Jomsom and awards ceremony.
- Three nights in a quality hotel on a twin sharing basis. Single supplement payable for hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara† – please enquire.
- Race t-shirt, finishers medal, souvenir, race bag and Trail Running Nepal buff.
Does not include:
- International flight to Nepal
- Other lunches and dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara – we leave you free to choose how you spend your time.
- Extra meals ordered in tea-house beyond the breakfasts, (packed) lunches and evening meals we provide for you.
- Alcoholic drinks taken in tea-houses as well as drinks such as Coca Cola, Fanta etc.
- Travel insurance (medical, rescue, personal possessions).
- Shopping of personal nature.
- Tips for staff.
† note that during the race, single accommodation will only be available if camping.
Due to the use of funds for reservation deposits, course organizing and other logistics beforehand we cannot offer refunds for any reason after ~10 weeks (beginning of February) before the race event commences.
Transfer of entry
Transfer of entry to a friend after payment is made is only allowed up to three weeks before race day and with Race Director’s written permission. Race Director has the final say on all matters.
Medical and possessions insurance
You must have comprehensive travel insurance that covers you fully against the costs of helicopter evacuation, hospitalisation, medical care and repatriation if you become too ill to continue the event and must above all cover you against the cost of air or other forms of evacuation and/or repatriation should sickness or injury necessitate such a course of action. We will need a photocopy (or PDF) of your insurance documents confirming this to allow you to compete. Additionally, while we will take due care of your bags on the trails, your equipment and belongings are your own responsibility. It is recommended that you also have adequate insurance to cover loss or damage of your belongings.
Post race extra options
If you have more time after the race, you might wish to continue along the Annapurna Circuit, or quickly visit Naar and Phu. There are many possibilities. Let us know in good time if you have such wishes and we’ll see if we can help you realise them. You may however miss the Gala dinner in Jomsom and prize giving should you do this.
We reserve the right to cancel the event for any reason, including insufficient sign-ups, political unrest, or acts of God that would impede operations. In the event of such a cancellation, we will refund all payments for land costs, minus any monies we are unable to recoup for payments made to our suppliers, staff and operators. If for any reason the event were to be stopped while in progress, we will refund what we can recoup from the expected outlays for that part of the trip not completed. This is highly unlikely but we need to mention it!